Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Family That Runs Together

This weekend Cheney ran in his 1st 5K. It was a family event so he joined me & Billy. We really enjoy running & I am glad that Cheney has joined us. For most of the race, Cheney & Daddy were about a 1/4 mile ahead of me. But around the last mile, they slowed down so that I could catch up with them. We crossed the finish line together. Cheney had a time of 27:20. I had a time of 27:21 & Daddy had a time of 27:22.
2
Cheney & I got 2nd place in our age category. We were pretty excited!

3
Sporting his 1st medal. I am sure there will be many to come!!

4
We were pretty hot......but so glad to be finished!!

5
Daddy & Cheney before the race. I am so glad that our family enjoys doing activities together.


Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn

9 comments:

KrisKay said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Cheney!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I love that you crossed the finish line together as a family!

MeMe said...

Way to go. So glad Cheney wants to run.

Annie said...

Great, congrats!!

Grandma said...

Great job.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is so awesome! Congrats to you all!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is so awesome...and wonderful that you all can share your joy of running.

Tammy said...

How awesome that you all have this activity to participate in as a family and all enjoy it so much!

Jessica said...

Way to go! Y'all have so much more energy than I do. I'm good to get in my daily mile!