Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of Kindergarten for Cheney. Chandler goes to school tomorrow and then she is done. Cheney was extremely excited about his last day....once again, Mommy was teary. She just isn't ready to be a Mommy of a 1st grader!! Below is the picture I took on the 1st day of school and then the picture of the last day of school. Both kids have changed...see for yourself!!


This morning, the school had the end of the year assembly. One of my friends agreed to cover my 7th period exam so I could go.


Cheney got an Outstanding Conduct award...he never went to the office. Good boy!! Also, he only missed 1 day of school the ENTIRE YEAR!! I am so proud of him!! That is much better than his Daddy or Mommy ever did.


We were so blessed to be in Mrs. Helms' class this year. Cheney loved her!! She told me that Cheney was so much fun to teach because he loved to learn. I know we will miss her!!

STAY TUNED FOR PICTURES OF THE NEW HAIRCUT!!


4 comments:

MeMe said...

Oh My!! Just think, in 12 short years he will be walking across that stage to receive his HS diploma. Seems like a long time, but "trust me' (as Cheney says), I know how fast those years will fly. Chandler will be following in his footsteps. Step carefully, Cheney.
MeMe

Thatcher's Mommy said...

I'm so jealous of you two!! We still have to go to school NEXT week, too! Rats! We'll see you in a week and a half!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Cheney really did it...the hair, I mean. =0) Several of my boys were talking about a mohawk the last few days of school. (Sounds like one of those kids I'll be signing a petition for his senior year. Ha!)I already miss Cheney! He's a born leader! He's a very bright young man and he loves to learn! We absolutely couldn't wait for Fridays to see what Cheney would bring for "Show & Tell". Oops, I better stop because I need to write all this in his letter for his book. Cheney is just a fun, cool kid! Every year, I'm so lucky to get some of those. WOW...what a year!!! Love always, Mrs. Helms (your favorite kindergarten teacher)

POP said...

Did you notice you each grew a brick taller during the school year? Count the bricks & you will see. Pop sure enjoyed taking you to school on the days you spent the night with Meme & Pop.
Love You,
Pop