Friday, September 12, 2008

Thursday Night Lights

Due to Hurricane Ike, our Friday Night Lights were changed to Thursday Night Lights. Of course, we NEVER miss a home game. We used to say "we never miss a game" but it is hard to get to some of the AWAY games with kids who have to go to school every day. Unfortunately (or fortunately--my yard could use the rain!!) it didn't rain tonight. It probably would have been a great night for football.



It doesn't really matter though because WE WON!! YAY!! GO MATADORS!!



The game was early so we decided to eat at the game. We RARELY let Cheney eat concession stand food-unless it is snacks. I realized that he might have been deprived a little because he had no idea what a frito pie was!! I personally think it is gross, but he loved it!! His first frito pie!!
My blog friend, Kristen, didn't know what a frito pie is....I am so sorry. I just thought EVERYONE knew about frito pies. Frito pie is fritos that are covered in chili & cheese. Some people put sliced jalapenos on their pie. I don't eat them...Cheney & his Daddy think they are AWESOME!!

The ROTC presented the colors for the game. I was amazed because they rarely make it to the 50 yard line!!


We played on Sept. 11th so the flag was at half-staff.


I teach several of the "flag runners." They tell me that is really hard to run with the flags--especially last night because we scored 37 points and recovered several fumbles...



Chandler loves looking at things with Pop's binoculars.

The best thing about our game being on Thursday instead of Friday?? Daddy, Pop, Uncle Mitch, & Aunt Reva ALL got to go to the game. They left this morning for Brazil. Please pray for our Mission Team as they spend the next 12 days ministering to the people in Brazil!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, now you need to teach us non-texans what a frito pie is???

Looks like everyone had fun! :)

Kristen said...

Thanks for the frito pie lesson. Is that totally sad that I had never heard of one?

They actually totally sound like a boy food. Chet loves chili with anything, and I am thinking I just found a new love for the guys!

Thanks for teaching me!

MeMe said...

I have never liked frito pie, but it seems to be a man-thing. All I see is grease and fat. I did not know that this was a Southern "delicacy".

Thatcher's Mommy said...

Frito Pie... GROSS!!! Ick Cheney. You and your daddy can eat Frito pies all day with Mike and Boogie. I think I'll stick with my nachos sans jalapenos!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good fun!

And, Frito pie!!! Delicious! I crave them when pregnant..a little gross, right?

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Cheney. Frito Pies are yuck! I guess it has to be a man thing.