Sunday, April 27, 2008

More T-Ball

You might be getting tired of seeing T-Ball & I am sorry, but we are still having fun playing. This week, Cheney got to play pitcher. He has been waiting for this all season. He did a great job!!







Here is another video of Cheney batting, but you get a whole new perspective because he is facing me. He concentrates really hard!! It is so cute!! The boys are hitting so much better now & the ball goes to the outfield more & more. Cheney was very excited because this week he got a double, but I wasn't filming then!!




The best part of the game was that Cheney's teacher, Mrs. Helms, came to watch him play. I thought it was so special that she took time out of her busy weekend to come see him--she has two granddaughters of her own & she spends time with them like MeMe spends time with Cheney & Chandler!! Cheney tells Mrs. Helms that he is READY for 1st grade, but Mrs. Helms cries when she thinks about it--so does Mommy! I can't believe my little boy is growing so fast!!



Funny story (Uncle Jeff, you will apprciate this!)


Cheney and I were laying in bed Saturday morning before we had to get up to get to his game. He was telling me how he was ready to be 7 and ready for 1st grade. I was telling him that I didn't want him to grow up and he was assuring me that it would be okay. He was getting up to go brush his teeth and leaned over to kiss me.

This was our conversation:

Mommy: Cheney, will it ever embarrass you to kiss your Mommy?

Cheney: No, you can always kiss me.

Mommy: Even at school?

Cheney: Even at school.

Mommy: Even when you are on the football field or basketball court in your uniform?

Cheney: Mom, if you kiss me when I am trying to play sports, I will be so embarrassed. You are NOT allowed on the field or court....EVER!!!

For some reason, I think these were the same rules that Uncle Jeff gave MeMe!!



2 comments:

MeMe said...

Yes, those were Jeff's exact words. I was never allowed on the field or court--even if he got hurt. Only come close if the trainer called us.
MeMe

MeMe said...

Jeff, do you remember the only time Doc ever called? It wasn't at a game.
Mom