Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Responsibilities

I know there will come a time when Cheney will not want to help do things around the house. Right now, however, he is eager to learn new things & be a helper. On Tuesday, his counselor, Mrs. Colvin (her husband delivered Cheney & I taught two of her children!!) came to visit his classroom. Apparently, she goes to each class regularly. On this day, her lesson was about "reponsibility." Cheney came home & told me that "Mrs. Colvin taught us about responsiblity. Can we eat dinner at home, have lots of dirty dishes, and then let me wash them? That would be showing responsibility." I couldn't help but just hug him!! He WANTS to wash the dishes...YIPEE!! And he WANTS to eat at home!! Since when do 6 year olds WANT to eat at home???? I hope this eagerness continues...I will let you know in a few years or maybe even months... I am sure it won't last!




Hard at work...

Washing dishes is so much fun!

I emailed Mrs. Colvin & attached the pictures. I know as teachers we don't always see the fruits of our labor. She quickly responded that I made her day & brought tears to her eyes. She also said that Cheney is such a sweet, well-mannered boy!! Does she know the same Cheney I know?? Just kidding...he is sweet & well-mannered...except when he is fighting with his little sister!!


1 comments:

Gram said...

Keep it up Cheney and ALL of the young girls will be chasing after you!