Thursday, May 7, 2009

PSF-Making Memories

I don't have many memories of my grandfathers. Both of them were gone from my life when I was pretty young. One thing I do remember was that my Pop (my Dad's dad) would always ask me: Have you ever had a horse bite? I knew what was coming but I would always say NO! & he would grab my leg & I would be reduced to hysterics. Pop was always making me laugh!!


Cheney & Chandler are so lucky to have both sets of grandparents in the same town. They enjoy spending time at their houses. I know that they are making many memories!!


The other day, the kids were going to take showers. They wanted Pop to carry them like a sack of taters!!
9
No matter what they do at MeMe & Pop's house, I know they are always going to remember the fun that they had there!!

8


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw, what a sweet post! And yes, they are making tons of great memories and are very blessed to be able to spend so much time with their grandparents. Both my favorite grandparents are gone now but my wonderful memories of them live on!

MeMe said...

Our goal--making lasting memories for our children and grandchildren. I, too, have great memories of my "Dad" and my "Grandma Dunn".

Amy said...

I have sacks of taters too!

My dad passed away December 1st and it breaks my heart that my younger two boys (and any other kids) won't get to know him. They won't get to sit on his knee and have him ask them, "Who does grandpa love?" They won't know what it feels like to ge tickled by his mustache or curl up with him in his big lazy boy. Your kids are lucky.

P.S. I spent so much time the last six years taking pictures of my dad and MY KIDS, and have very few of my dad and ME. Make sure you get out from behind the lens once in awhile. You won't regret it.

Corey~living and loving said...

grandparents are so wonderful. I'm glad your kids will have such fond memories. :)
happy PSF!

Ryanne said...

Grandparents are the greatest! My children are lucky and have three and a half sets...my parents, my husbands parents and the biological grandparents of our daughter and the biological grandmother of our son! The greatest memories are created then! I can see by your children's faces that being with their Pop is something that brings pure joy!

Kris said...

They will treasure those memories forever.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

They will treasure these memories!

kayerj said...

loved the pictures and the story--yeah, grandkids are the best. Here’s my photo story happy Friday!

Wayne said...

Those are really sweet pictures, great photofriday