Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beautiful Weather

Lately, we have been having some really beautiful weather. Yes, there have been some cool days. Yes, there have been some rainy days. But, the sunny, beautiful days make up for it. It is February & Cheney has started wearing shorts to school on most days. This is why we LOVE Texas!!


The other day, we came home from school & played outside. Chandler made me laugh because she told me that she wanted to play on the playground....IT IS OUR BACKYARD, not the playground!!


Anyway, she convinced her brother to eat his dinner outside with her. I usually make them eat at the dinner table, but I wasn't going to argue with eating outside!!


1
Unfortunately, Cheney didn't want to cooperate with pictures!

2
He was still trying to get away!

3
Of course, Chandler didn't mind a bit....and NO, she isn't wearing any pants. Who needs pants anyway?? It is much more comfortable to run around in your t-shirt & panties, right?

8 comments:

MeMe said...

Picnic in the backyard--what fun it is to be a kid!! We really do need some more of the rainy day!!

Tammy said...

I know we desperately need rain but I sure do love the sunny warm days! Good for Chandler wanting to eat outside! What a great idea...but I'm sure if we do that we'll all be wearing our pants! haha

Tammy said...

On 2nd thought....we have been known to roast hotdogs over the fire pit in our swimsuits so I guess that doesn't qualify as eating with our pants on does it???

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Okay, that makes me miss Texas....just a little bit!

Jessica said...

Aww, how sweet! I wish I could have a fun little picnic like that!! It's been so long!!!

MrsStamm said...

We've been loving this weather too! We had a picnic down on the patio about a week ago.

If you would like for me to make Chandler something, just let me know. I might be slow, but I would definitely make an outfit for her. I've only had orders for hairbows in the past.

I love it that they talk, but it can drive me crazy!

Now that it is so pretty outside, we have got to get the girls together!

John Deere Mom said...

Oh, I am jealous! We are still cold, wet, and dreary! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Gram said...

Ooooh! The garden of Eden? Oh, yea, I guess it is just Texas. Who wouldn't love this beautiful weather we have been having? Good way to enjoy the sunshine----outdoors,eating, and pantless!