Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cool Kids

Teaching high schoolers can definitely be a challenge. Sometimes they are sweet kids and sometimes they are moody, know-it-all teenagers. After 11 years, I have learned to love them even though I don't always like them. I am usually at work on my birthday and this year, the day was a little different. I actually had some students bring me gifts. Hannah brought me a reed diffuser and a very sweet card. The other day, I overheard Hannah telling her friend in class that she felt like she could talk to Mrs. Stephenson about anything.....I am glad that she feels that way. Sometimes it is hard to talk to your parents. Jessica & Lizzie made me a cake!! They told me that they laughed so hard that they were crying when they were baking. I am so glad!! Having a good friend that can laugh with you is the best thing.....


DSC03464

I have to admit. The cake is interesting.....but it tastes so good.


I am glad that I teach such sweet kids. I know, I know. They aren't all sweet, but most of them are!!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! You have MUCH better students than I do.

That was very sweet of them

Gram said...

We sell teenagers short so much of the time. You want to kill them, but you can't help but love them!