Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Night At Home

It seems like we are always gone....but the other night we were all at home by 5 pm. It was nice. Daddy went running, then Mommy went running & Cheney & Chandler just played. I think they were feeling very creative!!

Chandler loves writing on her "magic mat." Whoever invented this thing is cool!! It doesn't make a mess & keeps her entertained for AT LEAST 10 minutes....which is a record for Chandler.

Cheney has just figured out how to build the Lego structures without any adult help. He can read the instructions & follow the directions. Way to go! When I was upstairs getting out his school clothes, he told me that playing with Legos was creative & being creative makes you smarter. Huh? I wish my high schoolers would get that concept!!

My silly girl, making a silly pose!! She loves looking at her pictures!!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

OK, so it is official that I need that magic mat. If it can keep them (as in Anya) occupied for 10 minutes, it must be worth it weight in gold.

Such cute pictures of your little ones!!

And way to go Cheney. Such a smart boy. Frustrating when your 6 year old understand what seems like rocket science at 17! :) hee, hee. I remember the days....

MeMe said...

Yep, your kids are smart and cute.

4funboys said...

what a sweet face!!

I' love a night at home... without a sport event or activity that I need to go to... ahh

that sounds heavenly

Hannah said...

You know it's so amazing to me that Ayden is so smart and knows stuff that I honestly don't remember knowing in high school. Living with my parents my mom tells me you were the same way, and then I question where all that great knowledge went when I was in middle and high school. I honestly feel like going back and apologizing to all (not just you) my former teachers for being such and ding bat!

BTW your kiddos are just too cute!

Tammy said...

Creative people ARE smart people! Just a little scatterbrained sometimes! :0)

Gram said...

You are both so smart and creative. It is fun watching you play and listening to your thoughts.

Grandma said...

I love you two. You are such cute kids and very smart.