Thursday, July 17, 2008

Campout!!

This evening, Cheney & Daddy made plans to camp out at Papa Jim's river lot. Cheney was so excited--he packed his clothes & sleeping bag last night!! I am glad that they are spending some time together!!

The plan was to catch fish for dinner, but I received a message that the fish weren't biting so Chandler & I brought dinner. This is where we found the guys...

They had already set up their tent...


Cheney proudly showed it off & told us the rule: TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF BEFORE YOU GO IN!!

After we ate dinner, Chandler put on her lifejacket so she could take a swim.

This is the view. It is very pretty & peaceful. We never saw another boat, but Cheney said there was a jet ski that went by earlier.

Chandler jumped in...

Swimming with Daddy...


Getting ready for the rope swing

Cheney was all smiles when we left. I am sure that he is going to have a great time. I got a text message a little while ago..."Mom, this is AWESOME!! I love you & goodnight."

4 comments:

MeMe said...

What fun bonding for the guys. When will it be the girls time? I am just sorry the guys didn't get any fish.

Anonymous said...

cool beans that is the kind of stuff Cheney will remember forever

Unknown said...

OMG, that looks like so much fun! I haven't swam in a river in so long but used to when I was young like your kids. But that was in NC. :)

Nicole said...

I am trying to figure out where ya'll live. It is GORGEOUS there!! It looked like they had SO much fun. That's the perfect summer memory.