Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just A Funny Story

Look closely at these rocks. Don't they look valuable?


The other day, we joined some friends from church at the park. We try to meet every couple of weeks so the kids can eat lunch & play together. When we got home, Cheney informed me that he needed a container because he had some really pretty rocks in his shoe (the park has pea gravel around the playscape.) Anyway, I gave him a container & asked what he planned to do with these rocks. This is the conversation:

Mom: Why are you saving those dirty rocks?

Cheney: Mom, they are pretty.

Mom: What are you going to do with them?

Cheney: Sell them on Ebay.

Mom: Who told you that someone would buy them?

Cheney: Maggie (Maggie is starting the 4th grade this year.) She said I could make a lot of money.

Needless to say, when I was taking pictures of things to put on Ebay, I had to take pictures of his rocks. His Daddy thinks I should list them...we have seen stranger things on Ebay.

On a side note, I was completely embarrassed at the park. You know Chandler is potty training...well, I was informed by a shout across the playground..."Mrs. Lisa, Chandler pooped on the slide & it went all the way down." Yes, she pooped in her panties then slid down the side. I spent about 10 minutes attempting to clean up the slide. It was extremely hot & humid...like you could fry eggs on the slide...get the picture?? Plus, I had lotion on my legs & they started to sweat & got all slippery. So, here I was trying to climb up a slide to clean off baked on poop. If someone had a video camera, I am sure I would end up on some UTube video with people laughing at me...Oh well, potty training is soooo much fun!!

4 comments:

MeMe said...

Oh to be a cicada in the trees.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You might make some money on the rocks...you never know.

Now, I wouldn't recommend the undies going on ebay, although the story and the vision of you cleaning are quite comical...I hope you can laugh looking back!

Kristen said...

Oh my GOODNESS!

Yet another reason you deserve so much more than unlimited coffee! :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I almost have tears from imagining coming upon this scene!! I thoroughly enjoy your blogging!