Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yes, they are spoiled

I will admit it. My kids are spoiled. My family has told me that on numorous occasions, but it really doesn't bother me. I was spoiled...my mom did all my laundry until I went away to college. She made me breakfast each morning and the lunch that she packed me each day was the envy of my friends. Even my senior year in High School, people were STILL trying to trade lunches with me. I never agreed....I knew a good thing when I saw it!! When I was busy with activities in the evenings, I knew that there would be a plate of food for me to eat as soon as I got home. I was never "on my own." Many of my high school students are completely on their own....they do their own laundry, buy their own groceries, fix their own meals...this makes me sad!! I am glad my kids are spoiled....I wouldn't have it any other way!!


This is how they eat breakfast most mornings....I know it is bad, but I don't care...



3 comments:

Gram said...

Cheney & Chandler, you are loved. Yes, maybe excessively. That is okay----just enjoy it and learn to respect your parents AND appreciate what they do for you! I am so glad your family is not the "typical" family.

MeMe said...

Thanks, kids. You are a fun duo to spoil. I enjoyed spoiling both your Mom and Uncle Jeff. I also like to spoil your Dad and Aunt Kerry. That is what makes fun family memories.
MeMe

Kristen said...

How cute is Chandler sitting there eating with her paci on the tray next to her!

I LOVE it! :)

And hey, excessive love, is not a bad thing!