Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Runner

For several days, Cheney has been asking his Daddy to set his alarm for 6 am so he can get up & run. We keep saying, "Are you crazy? Do you know how early that is?" But he has insisted!! So, last night, his Daddy set his alarm for 8:30 am. Cheney is NOT a morning person & I figured he would just turn it off & go back to sleep. But he didn't...he went running. With his iPod. He ran down the street & back. So, of course, I had to take his picture. He is just too cute!!

It was wet & muddy so he already took his shoes off...when I took his picture he said, "Mom, you have got to put this on the blog. Uncle Jeff will love it!!"

4 comments:

MeMe said...

I am so proud of you. Keep practicing. I know you will be a great Matador athlete.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

How great that he is wanting to run! And, that he went ahead and did it! Something to be proud of momma!

Maybe a future track star?

Kerry Weir said...

Cheney,
Uncle Jeff noticed your green & gold shorts right away. Go Baylor! Go Bears!
You look like quite the athlete. You'll have to come to Massachusetts and run with Uncle Jeff along the rail trail. We are both so proud of you and of the healthy choices you are making. Love, Aunt Kerry

C-
What is your favorite iTunes mix? You'll have to share with me your workout music! Keep on running, buddy. See you at the finish line, Uncle Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi,Cheney. Are you getting ready for the track at school? I remember how competitive you are. I bet you're the only one practicing! That's the way to do you best!
I LOVE your new reading chair. I wish I had one like that! Have you been reading at home? I hope so.
I've been in my classroom twice & changed the furniture around a little. Come see if you like it. I miss you alot! I can tell by your pictures that you're having a good summer. Enjoy it to the fullest!
Lots of hugs, Mrs. Helms