Saturday, July 26, 2008

Early Morning Ski Run

We have always known that the best time to get out for some smooth skiing is EARLY on Saturday morning....it is just hard to get up that early!! We like to sleep in!! But today we decided that we would--Cheney needed some time without a lot of boats & waves so that he could work on his skills. So, we got to the river at 9 am this morning...Cheney immediately got up, but it took several tries before he stayed up...


This is the longest ski run he has ever made!! WAY TO GO CHENEY!!




Then, he tried a trick...skiing with one hand...it didn't work out so good!! Oh well...good try anyway!!




This is for Deano!! He has gotten so good...skiied up & down the river!! GO DEANO!!




Here are some pictures from the rest of the morning on the river. I have decided being on the river in the morning is FUN!! We get our day started, had some fun, & now EVERYONE is at home taking a nap (except of course-ME!!)

Terryn & Chandler love to ride in the boat!!


Getting ready for a tube ride!!

The boys have fun no matter where they are...with all that skiing, I know they will sleep soundly tonight!!

Daddy is great boat driver & a great skier!! Thanks for getting up earlier than us to get the boat ready!! WE LOVE YOU!!



I RARELY post pictures on my blog of me!! I HATE pictures!! Yes, I know my hair looks awful & I am not wearing makeup....BUT I had been riding in the boat for a couple of hours & WHO WEARS MAKEUP TO THE RIVER?? Not Me!!

We had a such a great morning...I wish we could start our day off on the river every day...

5 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the skiing pictures. I used to water ski when I was little and loved it.

What river do you ski on?

MeMe said...

Way to go Cheney-man. I am proud of you.

Jocelyn said...

Haha... yes, I'm very jealous about y'all going to Port A! Can I come too?!

I actually met you once at one of Angela's bridal showers when Cheney was just a little boy. I've seen pictures of him off and on through the years from Angela, so I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of both kids!

I'm going to add you to my Blog Roll if that's OK. And the next time Angela is in Seguin, I may just have to invite myself down for a visit! I know Mike & Ang try to squeeze as much "family time" in as they can when they go down to visit, but I miss seeing her so much and don't get up to DFW as often as I'd like.

Keep in touch! And if I ever come down EARLY on a Saturday morning, maybe Cheney can teach me to ski! ;-)

Thatcher's Mommy said...

Mister Cheney, I am super duper impressed with you, sir! What a FABULOUS job you're doing... and I thought you did quite well at your one handed trick. Next you can jump the wake. Your uncle Jeff loved to jump wakes!

Gram said...

Yes, mornings on the river are great. Get here earlier and see the sunrise---it is AWESOME! You are doing great on the skis.