Friday, July 11, 2008

Field Trip to Cabela's

Ok, so, our Daddy has this fantasy that he wants to be a deer hunter. I am skeptical...I think he will come home from the deer lease with TONS of pictures & no meat. Other people think that too!! Anyway, Daddy & Mr. Dean are part of a deer lease this year. They are really excited & have been making plans to set up feeders & deer blinds. They took us all to Cabela's to see what they could spend their money on. They said the kids would love it. It will be a great family outing. Mommy & Mrs. Darla didn't know that we would spend several hours chasing 4 kids around the store while our Daddies stood in the middle of all things camo & DISCUSSED things... Needless to say, we were exhausted when they closed the store & made us leave!! We definitely deserved our trip to Starbucks!! We deserve unlimited coffee trips for that outing!!



The outing began with dinner at Cracker Barrel. The girls entertained themselves with checkers. I don't think they actually played...

"Look Mama, it's a stuffed amimal." Yes, I typed that correctly-AMIMAL


These boys are thinking..."See that behind us? I am going to shot one just like it."

Playing in the pop-up deer blind...I wish it had a lock cuz I would have used it!!!!

After hours of discussing, I mean shopping, the boys FINALLY got to go to the Shooting Gallery.

Deano had his turn.

Waiting for our ride home...they look so happy!!

Even though we had to chase the kids, we had a great time. Seeing the excitement on the kid's faces is worth it!! Thanks for taking us, Daddy. Have fun at the deer lease!!



3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

It sounds like you want them to be successful with the hunting, so good luck to them. I'm not a fan of venison!

Kristen said...

My hubby hunts Elk, and there is no way I would go to Cabela's while he "finds" things he needs!

Let me tell you, that I think you all deserve way more than unlimited coffee!

You are a fabulous wife!

Thatcher's Mommy said...

Your Daddy has more hobbies than any person I've ever met. Just be sure not to yell, "Daddy, Don't Shoot Bambi" right as your Dad gets ready to pull the trigger... you'll never live it down. (Not that I would know or anything.)