Friday, August 29, 2008

Small Town Friday Night

YEA!! Football season started today. We love Friday nights in the Stephenson household. I think the reason why I love teaching high school is because of the extra-curricular stuff we do!!

Everyone was decked out in their Matador gear!!


Chandler was so excited that both of our shirts were PINK!! Her favorite color!!

Waiting for kickoff


Cheney got to see his buddies: Justin & Micayla. They always have fun at the games together.

Chandler spent most of her night in Pop's lap watching the "poopball" game.


One of the highlights of living in a small town in Texas is that EVERYONE is at the game. We were playing our rivals: New Braunfels. This is the oldest running rivalry in the state of TEXAS!!

Now Chandler is eating a pickle....she loves concession stand food!!


Cheney spent some time trying to decide who his favorite player was. Unfortunately, we didn't play so good tonight....oh well, there is next week...


She LOVED watching the game!!

I hope these 3 always stay buddies!!

This is one of my students....his name is Justin. He had knee surgery this summer so he isn't playing until district starts. Justin asked me to take this picture with Cheney so he could put it in his scrapbook--and hang it in my classroom!! Thanks Justin....

There is nothing like Texas football on a Friday night....even though we did lose...Cheney was still in the line...high-fiving the guys...saying "Good Game." I was proud of him. He doesn't care if we win or lose....in his eyes all of the boys are COOL!!

4 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Texas football is so much better than Georgia! I've been to 1 game in the history of me teaching. You are better than I.

MeMe said...

I agree--small town football is awesone. Same seats for 20+ years. Matador football is the best. Glad I have two future Matadors to cheer on.

Kristen said...

It must be true.....Texas high school football must really have a HUGE following!

Love it!!

Gram said...

Great Friday Night "lites" pics. At least there are a lot of people to visit with when there is not much going on on the field. GO MATADORS! FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!